Stone Town is the capital of Zanzibar and the beating heart of the island. Experience a unique blend of Arabic, Indian, African and European cultures as you weave your way through narrow streets and pass under iconic doorways on this walking tour of the islands biggest town. Stone coral buildings built in the 19th century give the town its name, and now home to over 16,000 people - it remains the bustling hub of Zanzibar.
Designated a world heritage site by the United Nations, a walking tour of Stone Town is an absolute must on your itinerary.
Escape the hustle and bustle of Stone Town with a trip to the Jozani Forest. A winding nature trail will take you through the forest, revealing an abundance of unusual wildlife including sun squirrels, rare butterflies, bush babies, mongoose, bush pigs, geckos and much more.
Gaze up above and spot clusters of red colobus monkeys, a species indigenous Zanzibar, happily hanging from the trees. An afternoon spend wandering through the Jozani forest is one you won’t forget in a hurry.
Zanzibar was once a hub for spice trading. Today the islands’ tropical climate continues to provide fertile soils perfect for growing spices including vanilla, cinnamon, saffron, masala, hot chillies and black pepper. You’ll not only become an expert in the island’s long trading history, but a Spice Tour is also a great opportunity for you to explore Zanzibar’s more rural spots.
Pass through vibrant farming communities and purchase unusual spices to take a little slice of Zanzibar back home with you.
Changuu Island, also known as Prison Island, is just a short boat ride from the main port of Zanzibar and makes for an interesting morning or afternoon trip. Now home to ancient giant tortoises and an impressive colony of peacocks, it’s hard to imagine the island was once where slaves were exiled by wealthy slave owners.
White sandy beaches are fringed with a stunning coral reef, making Changuu Island perfect for an afternoon of snorkelling or relaxing in the heat of the sun ahead of returning to the main island.
While the island is now known for its stunning beaches and tropical climate, it’s also brimming with rich history. Buy a day ticket for the ‘Ancient Monuments of Zanzibar’ for less than 50c and gain access to sites including:
- The Old Fort (Stone Town)
- Hamamni Turkish Baths (Stone Town)
- Maruhubi Palace Ruins | Mtoni Palace Ruins
- Kidchi Persian Baths | Fukuchani Ruins | Tumbatu Ruins Dunga Palace of the Mywinyi Mkuu.
- Mangapwani Cave and Cave Chambers (two locations)
- Bi Khole Ruins | Kizimkazi Mosque
Honeymoon couples that stay a minimum of 4 nights will receive: a fresh fruit platter and a bottle of sparkling wine upon arrival
plus an additional 30 minute luxurious couple's massage.
If they stay 6 nights or more they will receive all of the aforementioned goodies and
lobster dinner for 2 on any night of their choice, either at the Villa or at our Sexy Fish restaurant at Z hotel
New flexible booking Terms & Conditions:
A 25% deposit is required to secure the reservation, this is due within 7 days of receiving the confirmation email.
The remaining 75% balance is due 28 days before arrival.
The Z hotels new Gym, Spa, Rooftop Yoga & Viewing Deck
All 3 new levels with the most amazing views in Nungwi.
Due to the recent Covid 19 worldwide pandemic, to keep both our guests and employees safe, we have made some changes to the Z Hotel & the Kidoti Villas that we would like to make you aware of. We believe that with careful planning and consideration by our staff and guests we can continue to provide the best hospitality services on Zanzibar. For now, this may be our new norm but the Zanzibar sun is still shining, the blue waters still shimmering and the cocktails are still being stirred, all waiting for your visit.
1. All our pool and beach beds will be a minimum of 1 metre apart.
2. All our Saruche restaurant tables at the Z hotel will be a minimum of 1 metre apart.
3. We have advice and guidance posters throughout the hotel and the Kidoti Villas to educate and remind all about keeping sensible distances if they wish to do so, plus the importance of hand washing.
4. All staff will be trained on the new social distancing norm both in and out of the work place.
5. All staff will have their temperatures taken daily before starting work shifts and they will only visit their homes weekly on their days off. Z Hotel & the Kidoti Villas will be laying on transport so all staff can avoid public transport.
6. All staff that come in close contact with guests will wear masks.
7. There will be non-touch automatic hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the hotel grounds, the private Villas and staff quarters.
8. There will be a 24-hour period where each room/Villa is left empty between guests vacating and new guests arriving.
9. Guestroom keys & key cards as well as the Kidoti Villas keys will be disinfected after each use.
10. Guest transport: frequently touched places inside the vehicle in the passenger areas will be disinfected with every arrival.
For additional guest comfort, we have also banned smoking in all public spaces at the Z hotel including the pool deck and restaurant, however there will be small allocated smoking areas for those who do want to smoke.
Zanzibar wasn't really affected by Covid-19 to the same extent as most other countries, in fact the minister of health recently announced there have been no new cases for 5 days. However, we will keep the above measures in place for everyone’s peace of mind.
Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to welcoming you at the Z hotel or the Kidoti Villas by Z for your African holiday of a lifetime.